Has it really been 9 months since I posted anything? Yeah – I’m sorry to say it is true. So what have I been up to, you ask?
We’ve taken multiple beer-cations, with the following standing out:
- Great Taste of the Midwest, combined with a beer trip focusing on Michigan breweries
- Brewgrass, and all of the fabulousness that is Asheville, NC
- Portland, OR for a long weekend of beer touring
- Montreal, QE for the American Thanksgiving weekend
- California for the release of Pliny the Younger at Russian River
- St. Patrick’s Day in Philadelphia (always drinking across the street from the Bud-swilling crazies)
There have been a myriad of local changes and releases including:
- Tröeg’s opening of a 150-seat tasting room in Hershey (which continues to evolve each week!)
- Pizza Boy Brewing releases by owner/brewer Al Kominski
- additional local brewery openings like Millbock and Liquid Hero (and lots more if you look state-wide!)
- and most recently Friday the Firkinteenth (25th session) at Grey Lodge Pub.
We’ve also had some great tasting experiences with friends, including but not limited to:
- a clean-out-the-cellar event in our own backyard (we didn’t make a dent)
- a night of Bullfrog rarities from the cellars of Team D(r)INK members (YUM!)
- the 15th Anniversary of Selin’s Grove Brewing Company, plus releases of their first Sour Red and Black IPA
- Gueuze-a-Palooza – an amazing night of sours
- our second annual Imminent Liquidation event
- the Hill Farmstead Mimosa release (and fabulous winter weekend in VT!)
- a weekend in the Finger Lakes (I know you are thinking “wine country”, but guess what?!?)
- and our first Weekend Starts on Thursday event at Backstage Brewing Co.
Thanks to those who have been asking, “When are you going to post an update on your blog?” My typical response is that there are so many excellent beer bloggers out there, I’m not sure I make much of a contribution. It is your interest that brought me back, and hopefully I’ll keep it up!