I’m blogging from Zeno’s in State College where we are in the midst of a Brew Fest celebrating Real Ale. Dave brought in a total of 10 real ales – two served up last night, and eight today.
Today, starting at 3 PM and continuing until 8 PM you can purchase a goofy wristband for $25 and get ten 10oz tasters of the real ales, and dinner (no idea at this time what that means exactly.) Five of the ales are in firkins and three are on handpumps. My guess is that anything still here after 8 PM can be purchased by the glass.
Here is what’s on for Saturday night:
- Victory Donnybrook Stout
- Legacy Pale Ale (pretty good for a Legacy product)
- Otto’s Double D IPA (WOW WEE!)
- Troeg’s Hopback Amber (on handpump)
- Sly Fox Red (very malty)
- Lancaster Hog’s Milk (a rare treat)
- Otto’s Imperial Stout (on handpump)
- Victory Hopdevil (on handpump)
D will likely rate these on Beer Advocate, but I wanted to make sure a list got posted.
It’s always a great time at Zeno’s – great beer selection (on tap and in bottles), but this is a special treat AND it’s not a home game weekend. Super time to be here.